8 Factors Showing Signage for Business Works
- A recent survey shows that 52% of in-person shoppers came into the business because of the exterior signage. Signage drives foot traffic to your door.
- Having the right signage for your business can boost sales. For example, using a monument sign can increase sales by an estimated 9.3%. Pole signage can drive sales up by 15.6%. Installing large exterior signage can boost profits by around 7.7%.
- On average, your exterior signage is viewed by potential customers an estimated 50 to 60 times per month.
- One of your best advertising tools is signage. An estimated 35% of shoppers say the business’s signage is the reason they are in the store.
- Did you know signage is as effective as a full-page newspaper ad? When you compare the ongoing costs of print advertising versus the one-time signage fee, it makes sense to invest in advertising signs.
- With an estimated 12% of the population moving annually, your exterior signage is an effective way of advertising your business to new residents.
- Upgrading your existing signage can increase overall sales, profits, and transactions by an estimated 10%.
- Signage provides 24/7 advertising. It’s a marketing tool that never stops advertising your products or services.
Still not convinced signage is right for your business. Here are a few more facts.
- One monument sign can increase revenue by an estimated 9.3%
- A large pole sign can boost sales by 15.6%
- Revenue can increase by 7.7% with a chain identity sign in a shopping plaza
- Two directional signs can raise sales by around 8.9%
- Replacing older signs with larger well-lit ones can grow revenue by 7.7%.
Benefits of Using Signage for Business Branding
Whether your signage is exterior or interior signage, when it is properly installed you can boost sales and improve your customers’ experience. Here’s a closer look at why signage is an important part of your business brand.
Improve Communication with Customers
Cognitive overload occurs when your customers are bombarded with too much information. Instead of rushing to your brand, they often walk away feeling confused and frustrated. It’s not good for your business but using the right interior signage can prevent this from happening.
Two of the most common types of interior signage are directional and safety signs.
- Directional signage guides customers around the store. Think of signs pointing to the checkout counter or restrooms.
- Safety signage lets customers know where the emergency exits are located. The signs can also indicate wet floors, stairs, and the location of fire extinguishers to name a few examples.
Signage Displays Your Brand’s Identity
A 2012 survey indicates that 76% of consumers enter a business based on its signage. Your exterior signage conveys your brand’s identity. However, signage is only effective if it is done right. Everything from the font to the sign’s color can influence old and potentially new shoppers.
To ensure your exterior signage adequately reflects your brand, it’s a good idea to partner with a designer. They can help with everything from the brand’s logo to placement.
Did you know we have an entire blog feed dedicated to signage services, solutions, examples and learning materials? Signage may seem like a simple concept, but if you have multiple locations across the U.S. this is the blog feed for you.
Boost Brand Awareness
A goal of any business is to increase their brand awareness and signage is an effective tool. Whether it’s your exterior or interior signage, you want to include your brand’s logo. You also want to remember the design tips from the above section. Color, font, size, and graphics matter. You want your signage to stand out from your competitors without overwhelming your customers.
Get Your Message to the Right Audience
Effective business signage resonates with your target audience. These are the consumers that fit with your product or service. You want the message on the sign to be clear, without unnecessary information. When the sign’s design and placement are done right, it can help improve your customers’ experiences in your shop.
Yes, signage may initially appear more expensive than other types of marketing tools. However, unlike print and on-air advertising, you are only paying for the signage once. Signs can last for years with minimal upkeep and maintenance while continuing to advertise your business and guide consumers through the store.
Signage Maintenance and Installation with Action Services Group
Do you have questions about signage for your business? We are a national signage services company specializing in maintenance, installation, and LED upgrades. Contact us today to learn more. Call 610-558-9773, email email@example.com, or schedule a call. We look forward to hearing from you.